LOOKING FOR A PART TIME COOK
The Cook prepares food in accordance with menus, diet specifications, resident preference, and sanitary practices under the supervision of the Food and Nutrition Services Manager or Dining Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares, cooks, and serves food in accordance with the menu and food and nutrition standards, including presentation, taste, and texture. Samples food for quality assurance prior to service.
2. Ensures foods are cooked and held at the appropriate temperatures. Records food temperatures throughout the cooking and holding process.
3. Partners with supervisor to review menus and record necessary substitutions.
4. Ensures that food supplies are available and prepared as needed for upcoming meals. Notifies supervisor of needed supplies.
5. Maintains a clean and safe work area, cleaning spills and assisting in daily or scheduled cleaning.
6. Ensures proper storage, rotation, preparation, and labeling of food in accordance with Federal, State, and local guidelines and Prestige policy. Discards outdated food.
7. Partners with dietary staff to ensure equipment is working properly and at the appropriate temperature. Records temperature of equipment throughout shift as needed. Reports faulty equipment immediately.
8. Follows facility fire safety, infection control, and hazardous chemical practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions.
9. Assists in planning and preparing food services for special meals, events, and parties as needed.
10. Assists in storing incoming food and supplies as assigned.
11. Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment, and Trust.
2. Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors, and staff.
3. Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, team members, the department/center/community, and company information and records.
4. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of one year experience cooking in a restaurant or the dietary department of a hospital or similar environment. General kitchen/dietary experience may be considered in lieu of direct cooking experience. Must have required State certification or food service license.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
In adherence with state mandates, Prestige Care team members are required to receive their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by November 30, 2021 as a condition of employment, unless a team member qualifies for a religious or medical exemption.
Information About Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster
Located at th Street West in Lancaster, CA, Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster has 44 apartments of assisted living, as well as 16 units of memory care.
If you are looking for the highest quality of healthcare communities or care centers, you won't find anyone better. PAL at Lancaster has enjoyed a string of unbelievably high performance. They have enjoyed numerous "Bronze" and "Silver" awards through the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living showing our strong commitment to care excellence, and high performance. Additionally, they have enjoyed deficiency free surveys for the past two years.
Our community offers the only memory care in the Antelope Valley and features a strong family culture that is fun, energetic, and really a village that works together to provide state, regional, and national quality care. Our leadership at the community likes to lead by example, helping others whenever and wherever that helps is needed. We love to empower our team members to fly!
If working in a home-like setting, with a strong team atmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a great promote-from-within culture, then Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster is the place for you.
Who Is Prestige Care/Prestige Senior Living?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.