Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL. Position Summary:
As a Hostler, you will be responsible for assisting in the loading of trucks and ensuring accurate delivery of products. You will coordinate proper trailer drop and hook locations, ensure trucks are hooked appropriately to trailers, and inspect trailers and provide maintenance. You will work directly with warehouse and transportation staff; contributing to our impact of serving community businesses and your fellow employees.
- Preparing products for delivery, ensuring products are marked with truck run & stop number.
- Stacking pallets with products for delivery in a well-organized manner.
- Loading and unloading trucks, ensuring product is efficiently stored and complete for delivery.
- Operating machinery such as; forklifts, pallet jackets, and shrink wrap machines.
- Recording items that are received or distributed.
- Utilize warehouse space efficiently.
- Maintaining orderly workstation and cleaning work area at end of shift.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- Must have a valid driver s license and safe driving record.
- Minimum of one year of experience driving a tractor-trailer.
- May be required to obtain certifications for the use of powered equipment; such as a Forklift.
- Must be able to follow policies and practices to ensure safety.
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate information accurately.
- Ability to operate computer and software programs and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations.
- Ability to apply general math and mechanical maintenance skills.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is preferred.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand, sit, and walk frequently.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, climb, and crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.