Cook Position Summary:
As a cook, your main job function is to prepare daily meals for all the residents in the living facility. You may also be asked to prepare special meals for facility events and parties.
Benefits offered Example:
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time employees
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on call shifts available
Responsibilities of the Cook:
- Prepare and cook all food items and meals in accordance with planned menus and recipes ensuring all meals and food prepared are of high quality, palatable and appetizing
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, events, etc.
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served.
- Make only authorized food substitutions and consult with and advise Dining Services Director on menu changes
- Prepare food and serve in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as with established policies and procedures.
- Report any incidents or infractions to Dining Services Director.
- Inspect special diet requests and orders to assure that the correct diet is being served.
- Plan the timing of food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Maintain control over meal portions and food consistency.
- Estimate food requirements and controls serving portions thereby eliminating waste and leftovers.
- Ensure that the next day s items are in stock and pulled and thawing under refrigeration as dictated by the menus.
- Open or close kitchen as dictated by department scheduling.
- Assist, when requested, in the purchasing, inventory, checking in and storing of food and supplies.
- Ensure that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies, equipment, etc., are organized and maintained at adequate levels at all times.
- Work closely with the Dining Services Director in specifying and selecting food products.
- Ensure that food storage areas are clean and properly organized/arranged at all times.
- Responsible for all cleaning items assigned and/or posted on daily/weekly checklist.
- Ensure a sanitary work environment and conform to all local codes and policies regarding proper storage, handling and serving of food.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or (GED); as well as a one-year certificate from a college or technical school preferred.
- With a minimum of six months of food preparation experience required.
Special Licenses and other Special Requirements:
Current Serve Safe Certification required. Obtain/ hold any local, state and /or required food handling/ sanitation licenses or certificates.
COGIR Management USA delivered the Happy Living brand by listening attentively to the needs of American seniors, their families, and our employees.
Every Happy Living community is a unique and dynamic place, shaped by the residents themselves and led by an empowered on-site executive team. We promote local leadership so decisions are made on-site, quickly, and in the best interests of the community. We are proud of our teams.