Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.