Who is Desert De Oro Foods?
DDO prides itself on having developed a culture of trust, loyalty and excellence. Additionally, the company places a strong
emphasis on leadership development, managerial proficiency and operational excellence, which is consistently reflected in the
recognition that DDO s award winning management team receives. This combination of company culture and leadership focus
has given DDO a significant advantage in operating restaurants and achieving sales growth even in the midst of an economic
downturn. Continued growth and leadership development are the company goals.
"BE THE RESTAURANTS OUR GUESTS DESIRE, AND THE COMPANY OUR EMPLOYEES DESERVE."
ETHICAL PASSIONATE COMMITTED
What is "Live Más"?
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure the Team Member can represent the amazing Live Más!
culture that is Taco Bell. At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us
from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of
our people. If you want to have fun serving great food to our customers, we would love to meet with you.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, The Area Coach oversees the people, processes and operations of 3-8 Taco Bell
restaurants in their area. This includes training, coaching and supporting managers through planning, goal setting, and utilizing
success routines. Focuses on in-store problem solving/process improvement; sets standards; recognizes and motivates
Restaurant Managers, Assistant Managers and Restaurant Teams. Establishes and reviews unit-specific performance targets in
guest service, margin improvement and employee satisfaction, maintaining company standards in food safety, product and facility
specifications, allocating limited capital budgets to meet highest priority facility needs, introducing and reinforcing new company
products and initiatives, and selecting, training, developing and motivating managerial employees.
Responsibilities and Accountability:
Build People Capability
• Leverage culture and people capability to fuel brand performance
• Recruit and equip the best operators in the world to deliver great customer experiences
• Build a healthy and robust bench of developed and capable Managers
• Lead by example - be a culture champion and live by Taco Bell HUNGRY principles: Hungry, Understanding, Never Follow, Grateful, Relentless, and Youthful
• Leads performance management process for all employees, including
Deliver a consistent Customer Experience
• Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and training managers to
meet or exceed customer service standards
• Tracks, analyzes and identifies root causes of customer complaints and leads management team to implement systematic
• Periodically engages in restaurant audits in conjunction with RGMs to calibrate on performance standards and to provide an
objective basis for performance feedback
• Ensures that food safety standards are met in each unit supervised through direct observation as well as follow-up on food
safety audit results
• Monitors restaurant Speed with Service (SWS) performance and provides coaching to unit management teams to meet
Grow the Brand, Sales & Profits
• Reviews and prioritizes store capital expenditure requests and establishes common vendor relationships where scale can be
• Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained to Taco Bell standards; coordinates facility upgrades or equipment
• Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and coaches on corrective action to meet or achieve
margin and sales growth targets
• Partners with each Manager in the market to build sales over last year s sales achievement.
• Works with Restaurant General Managers to develop and deliver unit-specific Annual Operating Plans
Job Requirements and Essential Functions:
• AA/undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience
• Must pass a background check criteria
• Passionate about providing excellence in execution of quality food, service, cleanliness and speed standards
• Exhibits great leadership behaviors around, providing coaching, developing the team, driving culture, problem solving,
strong communication, time management, executing tasks and achieving results through others
• Dynamic, energetic and positive leader, a self-starter, proactively driven to get things done and does the right thing for
• Leadership skills that exhibit an adaptable and resilient coaching style
• Good communication skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with exceptional team building
• Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
• Three to five years of successful, high sales volume, operational management experience in the Quick Service
Restaurant industry or retail environment
• Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching and development of managerial
• Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction
This list of job duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Hours may vary depending on employees availability, state laws,
and the operational needs of the business. The company and/or restaurant management may change or add to these job duties
and responsibilities at any time with or without prior notice.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our
mission of feeding people s lives with Más!
• We are about more than just building restaurants-we connect with our fans through their passions including sports, gaming,
• We know that employees want a company they can live and grow with; they crave a unique culture that fosters creativity and
encourages pursuit of passion, and they look for opportunities to take risks, develop skills and learn in ways that fit their
• We foster a culture of authenticity and believe all people can make a difference