St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
UP TO $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
The Patient Access Representative is responsible for completing the registration process for all patients seen at St. Luke's University Health Network, in outpatient testing and Emergency Departments. Assist all customers (internal and external) by providing accurate information, directions and handling any requests in accordance with hospital policy. This includes, but not limited to the data collection and accurate entry of all patient information into the appropriate Epic application, focusing on insurance verification, transcribing orders and point of service cash collections. Communicate effectively with all hospital departments, and follow through until patient treatment is completed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and directs patients and visitors for the entire facility to provide friendly and courteous services at all times.
- Dispense appropriate information and answers questions regarding the facility and its services.
- Communicate effectively with all departments to meet customer needs. Responsible for patient flow and through put for the facility and satellite locations. Responsible to enter patients into network patient tracking system, including supporting the patient Kiosks.
- Answer the telephone with the appropriate scripted greeting, in a timely manner, assist and/or direct the caller to the appropriate person or department, and accurately record verbal orders.
- Access the proper Epic application (Systoc where applicable) and accurately enters information necessary to create a Hospital Account Record (HAR) and complete detailed demographic and specific clinical service information.
- Accurately record in hospital computer system clean and concise notes to track patient account activity and to communicate for downstream claim processing.
- Responsible for contacting the Primary Care Physician and/or the Financial Representative to obtain required insurance referrals and pre-certs when necessary. Obtain Medical license Number, NPI and UPIN via appropriate website.
- Maintain knowledge of current insurance regulations, trends and network policies. Responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify patient benefits when applicable.
- Verifies all insurance/self pay through online eligibility. When online eligibility is not available for the insurance, responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify benefits via phone or insurance website.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting, and recording self pay liability, co pays and/or deductibles when applicable prior to or at time of registration. Posting credit card payments in Epic or Trust Commerce, collecting cash, closing the daily cash drawer, and preparing deposit for transport.
- Responsible to accurately transcribe all outpatient testing orders, both written and electronic.
- Maintain a working knowledge of policies and procedures pertaining to Revenue Cycle.
- Demonstrate efficiency, familiarity and complete all required competencies within Epic and other required hospital applications responsible to complete functions of the position.
- Responsible for sign in registry for vendors and clergy, providing churches and clergy information when needed.
- Supports the department with new hire training (Preceptor) including volunteers.
- Provide other hospital departments and physician offices with information or materials related to Network Registration processes.
- Provide St. Luke s Hospital with data and documents necessary to generate a clean registration/claim by conducting in-person or telephone interviews with patient prior to and after their testing is completed. Process supports clean claim processing and patient satisfaction.
- Responsible to immediately resolve minor patient/visitor issues and inform department leadership, or Nursing Supervisor of any significant patient and visitor complaints.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting up to 8 hours per day, 4 hours at a time. Frequent use of hands/fingers for data entry. Occasional walking and ability to push up to 250 pounds in a wheelchair. Ability to occasionally carry or lift up to 10 pounds. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as it relates to general vision.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required (office setting preferred). General computer experience with data entry required. Insurance background preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.