Wage reflects an average of hourly pay plus tips earned
Server Job Description
- Welcome, greet and seat guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes and about all our exciting items.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and enter correctly in our POS system
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work and cleaning at the start and end of each shift as required.
- Maintain clean and organized service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations and business level demands.
- Be ready and willing to assist bussers with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Servers will be asked to train and work as an expeditor before being trained into the server position.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Must have at least 1 year of previous service experience in high volume environment.
- Be able to communicate with and understand our guests.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a POS system.
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and common drinks.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must have open availability which includes nights and weekends.