Hidden Valley Country Club is looking for a skilled Sous Chef to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an operationally creative professional with strong leadership, communication, and management experience that can thrive in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment. We strive for a premier culture that encompasses teamwork, creativity, collaboration, and values. Our mission is to exceed our member's and guests' expectations and create "Raving Fans."
Total Compensation: $60, 000 to $65, 000
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Basic Life, Short, and Long-term disability
- 401K with a 4% employer match
- Employee Scholarship program
- Vacation, PTO, and Sick.
- Seasonal Golf privileges & Ski Benefit
- Direct Deposit
- Free cook to order employee meals
- Holiday Pay
- Christmas Bonus
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the overall kitchen operation, ensuring maximum member satisfaction through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration. This person shall exhibit culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading staff and managing all food-related functions to help the Executive Chef educate staff members in cooking techniques and handling of food products and storage. Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
- Interact with members & guests to obtain feedback on product quality
- Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints
- Be aware of financial budgets and goals.
- Ensure that members & guests are constantly receiving an exceptional dining experience
- Ensure that all food items are prepared per standardized recipe while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels are of sufficient quantity and quality.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and cleaned and sanitized.
- Ensure that all banquet and buffet set-ups are prepared ahead of guest arrival.
- Manage the culinary team and take a personal interest in each member.
- Project a positive and motivated attitude among all associates
- Skilled in butchery, meat & fish fabrication.
- Understand and comply with all policies, procedures, and laws related to employment, food handling, sanitation, and alcohol service within a restaurant.
- Ensure that all food products are received and of good quality.
- Ensure that all food products are stored, dated, and rotated appropriately.
- Ensure that all weekly work schedules are administered correctly for upcoming events.
- Ensure that culinary staff is motivated by giving positive feedback.
- Delegate responsibility to subordinates as required.
- Coach, counsel, and discipline promptly in accordance with club policy.
- Act as kitchen manager. This includes product ordering as well as inventory control.
- Assist the chef in monthly inventory counts as well as product control.
- Recruit and select employees to build the strongest possible team.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide feedback to team members.
- Perform all other duties assigned