Lifeguards are focused on ensuring the safety of our Guests by enforcing policies, rules, and regulations of Recreation locations while also answering Guest questions. Lifeguards provides guidance to Guests, problem-solving, and work in a cooperative team environment. Lifeguards will maintain the general cleanliness of the pool areas, including removing towels and arranging chairs & tables. Lifeguard Cast Members respond to various incidents and will be trained on Infant, Child and Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to respond to Guest and Cast emergencies.
The new hire will receive paid training to obtain their Lifeguards certification through Ellis and Associates, Inc. The certification training is conducted over three consecutive days.Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $15.25/hour for shallow water, and $16.25/hour for deep water. LIMITED TIME $1,000 HIRING BONUS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL October 1, 2022 $1000 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $250 and Second payment after 150 days = $750) To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to February 27, 2022 or after October 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
Basic Qualifications :
- Full-time requires full availability for any shift, including nights and holidays
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, Cast Members, and leadership)
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone
- Pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- Pass a hearing screening at the time of hire to validate the ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs or more with assistance
- Deep Water Swim Test: ability to swim 200 yards, tread water without using hands for 2 minutes, feet-first dive to retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 8 feet
- Shallow Water Swim Test: ability to swim 50 yards, feet-first dive to retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 5 feet
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
Additional Information :
SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking "Apply for this job" below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking "Next" on each page, then "Submit" on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly