Overview "It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them - we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Housekeeper is responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry functions in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Sunrise quality service standards.
- Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in resident suites, public areas and support areas as assigned while meeting or exceeding Sunrise's quality standards
- Responsible for collecting, cleaning and redistributing the community laundry
- Assists Care Managers and Department Coordinators with resident care when requested
- Partners with community team to ensure community is in compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies; adherence to safety rules and regulations - Practices safety procedures at all times including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), fire extinguishers, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and Lockout Tagout procedures
- Team members may be exposed to blood and or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases - Actively participates as a member of a team and committed to working toward team goals
- High School diploma / GED preferred - Able to provide housekeeping and laundry services in a resident centered environment, which meet or exceed Sunrise's quality standards - Desire to work with seniors - Ability to handle multiple priorities - Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication - Competent in organizational, time management skills - Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills - Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and guidelines and having the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative - Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions - As applicable, all Sunrise team members who drive a Sunrise vehicle must review and sign the Driver job description and understand the key essential duties for safety and regulatory compliance
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission - to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work ®