Requisition ID: 246
Shift: Multiple Shifts Available
OverviewHealthcare Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and is now hiring a Laundry Workerin your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we'd love to have you on our team!Starting Wage of $14.40hrWhat We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Laundry Workers perform a variety of tasks on varying shifts, including collecting and sorting soiled linen, loading and unloading machines, and folding clean linen.
- Operates computer-operated washers and dryers.
- Responsibilities include counting and recording the linen processed each day, making proper deliveries to units and, cleaning and sanitizing the work area including; machines, work tables and sorting area.
- Performs laundry activities within well established guidelines to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Delivers personal clothing to the appropriate resident.
- The overwhelming majority of the laundry worker's job is performed while standing, walking and bending.
- The laundry worker is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned linen, etc. according to schedule.
- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for the safe and proper use of detergents and adheres to all safety precautions.
- Work involves pulling and pushing, carrying weight up to 50 pounds, twisting, bending and reaching from floor to waist height and from waist to chest level.
- Represents HCSG in a positive manner; is able to follow oral and written instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers, residents and client staff.
- The laundry worker consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience preferred, but on-site training is provided.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
- Ability to recognize hazards and follow appropriate protective equipment measures, read and understand MSDS sheets, and communicate with coworkers as to such.
- Personal cleanliness.
- Pleasant, tactful, courteous.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
HCSG is one of the largest providers of environmental, dining, and nutritional services, and as such, we continually seek out motivated and professional leaders to join our team! Our firm commitment to training provides all of our associates with ample opportunity for self-improvement and professional growth. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCSG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities.