Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
Patient Safety Attendant
Sitters Department/Patient Care Support
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Sitters Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) who participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The Sitter may also assist with basic activities of daily living.
What you will do in this role:
• Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient's normal environment.
• Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
• Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient.
• Intervenes as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seeks immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
• Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and activity during the shift.
• Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
• Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
• Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
• Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Basic Life Support (BLS) & De-Escalation Training within 30 days of employment
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidateswill be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit yourapplication today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
With over 370 bedsMethodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care,general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecologyservices, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorderevaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women'spavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the healthof women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into theworld each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the MethodistWeight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for MetabolicSurgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital hasbeen recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, andfor the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by theHuman Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonioto achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American NursesCredentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationallyrecognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade AHospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to bean Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology andPrimary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texashospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For moreinformation, please visit our website at and select MethodistHospital Metropolitan under Locations.
We are anequal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We're committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.