The Catering and Convention Services Director provides direct leadership for the Catering and Convention Services team at the Disneyland Resort. This role is responsible for leading a team of Cast members and leaders who work directly with clients across multiple market segments to plan programs at the Disneyland Resort. This leader is responsible for ensuring excellent client outcomes, efficient and supportive processes for internal operating partners, developing creative experiences for groups of all sizes and ensuring an engaged and high performing team. Specifically, this role will focus on the achievement of key business metrics, innovating new product, policies and processes to grow this business at the Disneyland Resort. This role will ensure accurate forecasting of revenues, departmental expenses and managing labor costs. Additionally, this role will support the development of training plans for Cast members to ensure the continued development of skills in menu planning, event technology, event concept development and systems knowledge. A high degree of competence is required in event planning, menu design, and banquet operations along with a strong understanding of hotel operations. This leader will model the highest standards of professionalism and Disney brand expectations. This role is site-based with limited options for remote work.
This role reports to the Director - Sales, Services and Youth Programs.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for Assistant Directors and a team of 17+ Cast members on the Catering and Convention Services Team.
- Collaborate with leaders within the Non-Leisure Division to support the growth of the meetings and events business, foster a high degree of partnership between sales and services roles and model a positive, problem-solving leadership style.
- Drive the development of new and innovative approaches within Catering and Convention Services to ensure more efficient use of resources, removal of barriers for Cast and clients and drive high levels of client satisfaction and intent to return.
- Develop the professional skill set of the full team, leaders and Cast, to support career growth and drive client satisfaction.
- Model a high degree of professionalism for all Cast, clients and operating departments.
- Develop the monthly food and beverage forecast, monthly departmental expense forecasts, annual operating plan inputs and any ad-hoc requested analysis.
- Engage frequently with key resort operating partners in banquet service, culinary, lodging and all support areas that integrate with the Catering and Convention Services function.
- Manage the relationships and contractual terms of preferred vendors that support this line of business in floral/décor and event technology.
- Ensure Banquet Event Order review meetings are conducted with efficiency and provide the necessary information to all partners.
- Engage proactively in supporting the development of a monthly group rooms forecast.
- Ensure timely Cast feedback though monthly meetings, mid-year updates and year-end conversations.
- Address issues quickly with appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Ensure a high level of transparent communication with the Director of Sales, Services and Youth Programs.
- Maintain a high degree of weekly visibility within the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, establishing relationships with operating partners, seeking feedback and engaging with clients.
- Review and/or develop reporting to improve Cast performance and Client satisfaction.
- Champion a culture of Diversity, Inclusion, Collaboration, Creativity and Innovation.
- Drive improvements in the Cast experience for the Catering and Convention Services team and support divisional and/or Resort initiatives in Cast development and recognition.
- Grow and cultivate food and beverage expertise within the Sales and Catering and Convention Services Teams.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations to evolve processes, enhance Client and Cast experiences.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership experience in the lodging industry.
- Experience in leading teams and managing departmental financial statements.
- Direct experience in event management, catering, convention services and/or the culinary profession.
- Proficiency in Sales and Catering booking systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and applications.
- Fluency with current technology and programs that support business environments.
- Understanding of event technology and support services such as exhibit rigging, fire marshal codes and event set-up standards.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, establishing a collaborative and supportive process for issues identification and process improvement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive risk-taking.
- Current knowledge of industry trends in meetings and events.
- Strong attention to detail and personal organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Role requires weekends and evening schedule pending client events.
- Major hotel industry brand or convention hotel experience in a leader role.
- Culinary knowledge and skills related to menu planning for group events of all sizes.
- Advanced industry degrees or certifications.
- Understanding of yield management and pricing strategies.
Required Education :
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent level of experience
Additional Information :
This job is located in Anaheim, CA.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at