SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Hourly Wage Estimate: $17.02 - $23.83 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Lead Cook!
As a Lead Cook in our Hospital, you will prepare food items to be served to customers in the cafeteria. Your duties will also include (but not limited to):
- Coordination of duties for daily food service operations throughout the Food and Nutrition Services Department
- Following complex recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption
- Preparing food by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure, prep, cut, trim and mix ingredients
- Checking production, and keep supply/equipment records
- Selection of recipes per menu cycle
- Receive, sort, and store inventory
- Prepare meals for customers requiring special diet needs
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment per regulatory rules and procedures
*Completion of the assessment emailed to you after submitting your application is REQUIRED for further consideration*
The Medical Center of Aurora , the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER , Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital , Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora has received seven consecutive 'A' grades from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2016 - Spring 2019), was Colorado's only hospital to receive the Leapfrog Top General Hospital designation two years in a row (2016, 2017), was recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report (2, 2, 2), and was named to Healthgrades 2020 America's 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
- A Leader
- Team- orientated
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and can provide exceptional customer service
- Able to read and speak English
- Comfortable working with email, electronic records, telephone systems, and various computer programs
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Experience: Two years of previous experience as a Cook preferred
- Special Qualifications: Proficient in the operation of Food Service/institutional equipment
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here . For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.