Summary: Responsible for performing general janitorial functions, general maintenance and maintaining a clean, professional environment for all associates and visitors.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Coordinates and performs all upkeep of equipment, structural surfaces, grounds, etc. that includes painting, cleaning, polishing, waxing, vacuuming, dusting, gardening, etc.
· Maintains an orderly work area (within reason) for all associates regarding cleanliness and organization;
· Disposes company's waste in proper receptacle for city pick-up and/or recycling;
· Regularly attends to the restrooms and break rooms to sanitize and stock supplies;
· Orders and maintains inventory levels for the janitorial/cleaning supplies;
· Promptly reports safety and/or property concerns to management representative;
· Provides a safe working environment for associates (walkways, spills, electrical hazards, etc.)
· Assists with other maintenance projects when needed;
· Certified to operate fork lift;
· Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not applicable.
Skills and Experience: High school diploma or GED. Janitorial experience in a manufacturing environment helpful (floor polisher, etc.) Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Attention to detail a must.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, climb a ladder and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor and to some chemicals. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Company lifting limitations will be enforced. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Incumbent will be exposed to outside environment and climate on various occasions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Employee Acknowledgement: The employee signature acknowledges a review of the job description by the employee.. Requirements: