Farm Burger is Growing the Herd!
Position available at our downtown Asheville - 10 Patton Street
- Kitchen Manager/Working Chef
We are an award winning, neighborhood burger joint serving local 100% grassfed burgers. Our chefs partner with local farmers and ranchers to create a menu grown by the community. Whether we're creating a burger topped with our pork belly or finding a creative way to use this year's heirloom tomatoes, we bring our passion to the table.
At our iconic downtown location you will work hand in hand with our executive chef to create daily and weekly specials, lead our awesome BOH team, manage cost of goods, keep our kitchen health code compliant and execute seamless service either on the line or at expo. We are in search of awesome people to join our team, sous chefs, AKMs looking to make the next step up would also be strong fit. We will reward through above-market pay and opportunities for quick growth in a growing company. Learn more about us at .
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 annual with additional bonus
Kitchen Manager Job Description :
We are looking for a Kitchen Manager to supervise daily back of house restaurant operations. Kitchen Manager responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time. Ultimately, you will ensure all plates are properly cooked and served.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage the opening and closing of the restaurant, including:
- Ensuring cooks follow recipes and cooking techniques when preparing food.
- Checking in orders, or training and directing the AKM to do so.
- Reviewing inventory to determine if any items need to be utilized immediately.
- Reviewing specials with cooks and demonstrating the proper preparation of any mise en place for specials.
- Attending lineups to talk to the front of the house staff about specials, seasonal items, and answer any questions.
- Expediting during service.
- Direct the staff in the quick, thorough cleaning of the line and prep kitchens at the end of service.
- Ensuring that all staff is trained to properly store all food at the end of the night.
- Direct cooks to prepare and cook food that meets our standards efficiently. Correct any deviations from proper cooking techniques or recipes immediately and ensure that the cooks are properly re-trained
- Maintain and meet labor budgets through effective use of Buddy labor tool
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness, adhering to a regular cleaning schedule, directing others in the appropriate use of chemicals, and correcting deviations from standards as observed.
- Ensure adherence to health department and time/temp standards. Notify GM, R&M, and company chef of any conditions that would prevent adherence to time/temp standards.
- Maintain and meet Food Cost budgets
- Use equipment safely and correctly and notify company chefs, GM and RM of maintenance issues.
- Hire and train new staff and communicate progress with KM, including:
- The safe operation of all equipment, and instruction on safely moving throughout the kitchen.
- How to read and follow recipes.
- How to correctly and safely use Auto-Chlor chemicals, and clean the kitchen, including walk-in organization.
- Maintain correct food stocking and inventory levels through responsible ordering, active utilization of all inventory, and proper rotation of stock.
- Manage waste through correct portioning, proper labeling and timely utilization.
- Create seasonal specials and ensure quality standards for specials in daily training of line cooks.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings.
- Carry out instructions by management and the head office.
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma