This position prepares, presents, and serves food as needed. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and neat environment within the kitchen, dining rooms and conference rooms in which food is prepared or served.
- As instructed by Chef, completes prep work including: washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits, along with weighing and measuring designated ingredients.
- As instructed by the Chef, reads and follows approved food recipes in order to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room.
- Collect meal tickets from guests as necessary, and turn in to supervisor.
- Deliver food promptly and professionally following the established steps of service, following and maintaining safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follow up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of all menu items and ingredients.
- As requested, accommodate reasonable requests, and note preferences.
- As needed, demonstrate knowledge of specialized diets and allergens.
- Communicate directly with back of the house staff, to ensure that all special requests are addressed and accommodated.
- Maintain a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding any personal or medical information that is shared.
- Exhibit exceptional communications skills/customer service skills.
- Promptly address and correct any complaints or issues. Relay relevant information or complaints directly to a supervisor.
- Ensure that the dining room/area is properly set-up prior to and after service period. Keep clean and neat while meeting all established sanitation standards.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator while following all safety standards.
- Properly stores food in designated areas following wrapping, dating & rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment.
- Serves customers in an efficient and friendly manner following outlined steps of service.
- Provide all guests with a lasting experience of the Center, with intent for return business.
- Maintain good working relationship with co-workers to ensure compliance with company service standards, and inventory control procedures.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Once trained, ability to independently complete daily assigned tasks, referring questions/concerns to supervisor as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret written recipes and work instructions.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and patience while working with both customers and co-workers.
- Represents SBS in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Follows SBS and OSHA safety standards, wearing all personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Demonstrate (as reflected in actions and attitudes) the guiding principles and core beliefs of The Sisters of Bon Secours.
- Experience working in Hospitality industry, preferable within Food Service.
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen.