Great benefits begin first day! This position is Monday through Friday at a Secure Government Facility in McLean. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
The Service Contract Act (SCA) Cook II prepares in large quantities, by various methods of cooking, meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, seasons and cooks all cuts of various meats, fish, and poultry, boils, steams, or fries vegetables, makes gravies, soups, sauces, roasts, meat pies, fricassees, casseroles, and stews.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and longer preparation time.
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte station or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food requested by customer, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting, and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client, and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as assigned.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supply and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 or more years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance.
Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.