Breakfast / Lunch Attendant
As a Breakfast Attendant you would be primarily responsible for setting up, maintaining and breaking down the breakfast buffet and for maintaining the breakfast dining area. With minimal supervision, provide exceptional guest service by welcoming them and be well attended at all times. Also maintains the breakfast and lobby area in a clean and organized condition at all time.
- Previous experience in similar capacities; hotels, hospitals etc. is preferred.
- Welcoming and providing with personalized service to all guests.
- Assists guests by helping them to seat and pouring coffee, cleaning tables and also cleaning of dining and buffet area.
- Attend to hotel guest needs and requests.
- Must be aware of restaurants menu items and beverage choices.
- Must know about the entire property, services, hours of operation, locations, near by places of interest etc.
- Prepare and consistently maintain dining area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere.
- Preparing foods such as fruit and milk machines or dispensers.
- Responsible for stocking coffee, juice, and milk machines or dispensers.
- Ensure breakfast items are continually replenished and presented in an appealing manner.
- Setting out / arranging cold food such as sweet rolls, muffins, donuts, cereal, etc, for self-service.
- Wiping up spills and maintaining cleanliness of all appliances and counter space throughout the breakfast shift.
- Clearing and cleaning tables as they are vacated.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silverware prior to use.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the shift, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Any other duties around preparation, set up and service of the complimentary breakfast.
- Maintain the inventory of all breakfast products.
- Washing, wiping serving equipment and returning it to storage.
- Locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Responsible for taking inventory of food, beverages and supplies for each day.
- Work as a team member in aspects such as: cleaning, side work, food preparation and storage.
- Close out shift by cleaning and restocking supplies for next day or shift.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service at all times.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism and always maintain hospitable attitude.
- Follow proper Hotel safety policies and procedures and use safety equipment as needed to ensure the safety of all team members during each shift. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis. Able to work varied shifts, including Weekday, Evenings, weekends and holidays
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high-energy and demanding work environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and guests.
- Able to understand and follow all safety related procedures while performing all tasks.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis. Able to work varied shifts, including Weekday, Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this position, the job regularly requires standing and walking for an entire shift and perform repetitive motions, bending, stretching, reaching, stooping, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules (including Holidays and weekends) to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time