THE LOS ANGELES HOSPITALITY EDUCATION CENTER
The Los Angeles Hospitality Education Center (LAHEC) is located at the Hollywood Park Entertainment District, currently under construction in Inglewood, CA. This district is a 298-acre urban village anchored by the region's newest shopping street, restaurants, and multiple major sports and entertainment venues. The village will include two million square feet of Class A commercial space, 2,500 modern residences, a 70,000 seat National Football League (NFL) stadium, 6,000 seat performing arts venue, and 25 acres of public parks.
Our programs are designed to provide market-driven, competency-based education delivered by faculty with appropriate credentials and industry experience. The programs enable graduates to gain entry-level employment in the hospitality industry at living wages with opportunities for advancement in the food service industry.
We take great pride in preparing our graduates for a variety of careers in the food service industry. This preparation is accomplished through practical experiences in state-of-industry kitchens and learning labs including simulated situations with real-world production applications.
The Admissions Associate will connect with prospective students by answering incoming phone calls, responding to Web inquires, attending college fairs and visiting high schools. Once a prospective applicant, has been identified the Admissions Associate will conduct an introductory assessment over the phone or during an on-campus interview. The Admissions Associate evaluates the applicant's qualifications, past experiences and objectives and will describe the educational programs and answer any inquiries regarding applications, enrollment, courses and financial aid. They will record information into a database and follow-up with applicants to update statuses and answer any new questions. The Admissions Associate may also give tours and lead general information sessions about the campus.
* Provides students, parents, and guardians with information regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid opportunities, enrollment issues, or other procedures.
* Engages in the recruiting process by coordinating and participating in promotional events, high school events, career fairs, campus tours, student interviews, and other admissions activities.
* Enter data and statistics into the institution's computer applications.
* Works closely with the Directors of Admissions, Education and Career Services.
* Maintains a professional demeanor and demonstrates excellent relations with students, staff and faculty.
* Ensures compliance with BPPE-CA education codes and regulations. Participates with BPPE-CA annual reviews and site visits.
* Participates with planning and execution of all student recruitment and retention activities.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related field is preferred.
* Experience with high school admissions is a plus.
* Experience in the education and hospitality industries.
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, networking, and verbal and written communication skills.
* Sales and marketing skills.
* Experience using social media.
* Proficiency with computers. Literate with MS Office and G-Suite applications.
* Commitment to the organization's mission and objectives.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.