We're Food+ by Compass! Although the past couple of years have been quite a rollercoaster for everyone, our amazing talented teams have continued to work tirelessly crafting incredible food experiences to help fuel the teams creating world-changing technologies at one of the world's major tech companies!
The food and experiences we provide make quite an impact! As we further return to the office, we're more passionate than ever about supporting the long-term success & wellness of everyone we feed, and we love what we do.
We're excited to grow our global team of skilled culinarians, managers, food service operators and subject matter experts - this is not just a workplace, it's a place to innovate, a platform to bring your ideas to life, contribute to a sustainable future and best of all - be a part of an awesome team!
A Back of House Manager works directly in conjunction with all Managers and Chefs as support with the Mobius application and other assigned administrative functions to the Operations Team. This person will be considered an expert in operating the system and will enter signage information. The Back of House manager is responsible for ordering and maintaining food, supplies, and equipment.
This position will reside in Chicago, IL
The great things you'll do
• Exhibit superior working knowledge of ingredients used in our spaces and continual upgrading of our Master Sub Ingredient List
• Accurately enters ingredient information in Mobius utilizing culinary menu mixes and recipe guides for cafes, MKs and catering; following Allergen Management and Mobius standards outlined by Compass at Google
• Maintain the photo records of sub ingredients used in cafes, Micro-Kitchen and catering
• Updates "Cafe Change Logs" as necessary
• Ordering & Inventory
• Creates and costs out order guides from approved menus and recipes
• Enter invoices in "My Finance"
• Accurately track and reallocate products to their assigned GL codes
• Track and transfer cost of product between units weekly
• Monitor and track product orders
• Request reimbursement/credits for products that were not in receivable condition or not delivered
• Daily Cost of Goods Analysis (COGA)
• Updates and maintains additions and edits to "My Orders" inventories weekly (to include categorizing unclassified items, adding off MOG items, removing unnecessary items), updates product pricing to reflect current market conditions
What we look for in a great candidate
• Contributes to building positive team morale
• Evaluating the performance of workers, rewarding high performers and disciplining employees who fail to meet reasonable standards of work performance
• Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements
• Support of all cafes and food services areas such as MK's (micro-kitchens), Teaching Kitchen, etc. with operational support as assigned
• Be in open communication with all individual managers in cafe locations
Sound good? Apply now to take your seat at our Global table!
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass Group, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.