Licenses / Certifications: Managers Food Handling Certificate
Directly Reports to: Executive Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Corporate Chef
Supervises: All heart-of-house employees
Position Summary: Responsible for supervising the daily activities of the heart-of-house operations and employees in accordance with department policies and procedures. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Ensures the needs of the guests are accommodated.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of the heart-of-house, and the entire venue.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring and training new applicants and employee development of all subordinates.
- Responsible for the scheduling of assigned department (where applicable).
- Participates in growth opportunities and employee development of all heart-of-house employees.
- Ensures safety, quality and recipe accuracy.
- Manage the execution of regular service, catering, take-out, delivery and all in-venue/off-premise events.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
- Coaches and develops heart-of-house employees by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Responsible for all mechanical systems being in good working order and compliant with all federal, state and local ordinances.
- Ensures all employees are compliant with all heart-of-house standards and procedures.
- Responsible for checking cover counts, BEOs and/or Fire Sheets.
- Ensures the preparation and delivery of menu-focus items to daily pre-service meetings.
- Proficient with all operational systems, which includes payroll, inventory and purchasing.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all recipes, food menus and maintains station-recipe-books.
- Organize, develop and produce new recipes for potential new menu items and specials.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by company.
- Ensures expediting standards.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with all employees during service.
- Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised employees.
- Participates in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or daily pre-shift meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
Benefits: Competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Dining discounts at Tao Group properties around the world
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years previous Culinary supervisory/management experience within a high-volume kitchen setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong menu planning, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.