What our Restaurant Managers enjoy about working on the Uncle Julio s team:
- Pride in the brand - a heritage of using only the freshest ingredients and highest quality food in a scratch,
- Upscale casual - not a discount/heavy coupon driven brand
- Growth company - opening 2-4 restaurants each year, creates outstanding advancement opportunities
- Industry leading Restaurant Manager compensation, particularly at the GM level
- All Restaurant Managers are developed in the Kitchen AND Dining Room
- 5-day workweek, 50-55/hrs
We offer a competitive salary, bonus plan and benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, parental leave, and dining privileges.
As a Restaurant Manager, you will guide, and lead the team to create Mexican memories for our guest through the following key responsibilities:
- Continually lead, coach, inspire and strive to develop your staff in all hospitality and/or culinary standards related to their position
- Shape the restaurant culture to ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
- Drive standards to ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared according to the restaurant s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Protect the safety all team members by ensuring that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition by following the restaurant s preventative maintenance programs.
- Embrace the training and strive for continuous development in the Kitchen and Dining Room to ensure knowledge of all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, and guidelines.
- Effectively manage any areas of responsibilities, such as scheduling team members for a specific work group, by accommodating flexible schedules, posting schedules in advance and anticipating business activity while ensuring positions are staffed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Minimum of 2 years full-service restaurant management experience, preferably within a similar environment -- high-volume, corporate chain concept, upscale casual, scratch kitchen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work a varying schedule including Kitchen Management shifts, Floor Management shifts, nights/weekends/holidays
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up 25 lbs. without assistance and 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Depending on store location, having or obtaining a food handler s and/or alcohol certification may be required.
Uncle Julio s Restaurant Group, parent to Uncle Julio s, Hacienda Colorado and Savage Burrito, serves made-from-scratch Mexican cuisine, using fresh ingredients and authentic recipes to create its signature taste in everything from its mesquite-grilled meats to its hand-crafted margaritas. We have enjoyed a successful track record over the past 30 years and are continuing to grow beyond the our 41 restaurants in eleven states: Texas, Illinois, Colorado, Maryland, Virginia, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, New Jersey, Missouri and Oklahoma and continues to expand to define the polished casual Mexican industry.