DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the
Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of the hotel. Create
processes and procedures to ensure the hotel is properly supplied with all guest amenities, all food and
beverage outlets are meeting guest expectations, and the hotel is properly maintained and clean.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job
· Manage the front office and reservation functions to ensure the delivery of superior guest services, the security
of monies, credit card transactions and guest information.
· Responsible to manage all approvals, billing, and collections of hotel's Accounts Receivables.
· Prepare Month End Reporting for the preparation of hotel financial reports.
· Manage all housekeeping and laundry functions to ensure compliance with quality and brand standards in all
areas of the hotel. Establish, implement, and inspect that procedures to ensure all guest rooms and public areas
are clean and in proper condition to meet guest expectations and brand standards.
· Provide regular direction and manage hotel operations to establish and implement procedures to ensure routine
inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure all are clean and/or in good repair.
· Manage both the daily execution of the breakfast, evening social and the pour food and beverage operation, to
ensure standards of operation and quality and guest satisfaction are maintained. Ensure the shoppe
convenience store is stocked and maintained in an orderly and appealing manner. Monitor inventory and order
replenishments in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on department expenses. Work with the General
Manager on the identification of budget variances within the Front Desk, Food and Beverage and Housekeeping
· Purchase and/or requisition for the inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food,
beverage, material, and equipment.
· Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and
proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
· Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the human resources and benefits programs
within the Front Desk, Food and Beverage and Housekeeping departments. This includes the recruiting,
onboarding, training, ongoing performance management, and offboarding of all associates of the three
· Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the proper use, maintenance and location of all
information technology hardware and software provided to the Front Desk, Food and Beverage and
· Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the purchasing of all supplies needed to manage
the hotel. This includes the proper use of any platforms and/or programs to leverage purchasing power and the
analysis of hotel spending to identify efficiencies.
· Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and
· Attend Evening Social and Breakfast events as a representative of the management team of the hotel and to
prospect for additional sales leads.
· Enforce hotel standards, policies, and procedures are in place within the operations departments.
· Act as "Manager on duty" as required.
· Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
· Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
· Two years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
· Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
· Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
· Professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems preferred.
· Ability to travel including some overnight travel is required.
· Valid driver's license required.
· Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility