Deliver food and supplies from the Food & Child Nutrition Central Kitchen to various Dallas ISD schools and other locations daily. Serve as Central Kitchen Warehouse Person who transfers food daily between the Central Production Kitchen and the Maria Luna Warehouse. Plays an active role in all monthly and annual inventories.
* Transfer products from Warehouse to Central Kitchen and produced items to the warehouse (dry, cooler, and/or freezer)
* Verify, load and deliver all food supplies and related items according to a prescribed schedule
* Confirm, sign and obtain signatures on all delivery tickets. Return tickets to Central Kitchen
* Assist in all Central Kitchen warehouse operations; such as filling requisitions, sorting, packing, loading and unloading incoming and outgoing material as determined by Central Kitchen Supervisor
* Verify loads are properly secured in the catering vans and/or box trucks
* Deliver food to schools and colleges using the catering van and/or box truck
* Count student meals as assigned. Complete proper record keeping daily
* Maintain and service vehicles and other warehouse equipment. Inspect vehicles weekly as required by Risk Management
* Assist in record keeping, shelving, arranging, labeling, sorting and storing of Central Kitchen food and supplies. Conduct monthly and quarterly physical inventories throughout the year
* Cross-train in all areas of Central Kitchen production and inventory
* Assist in the maintenance and housekeeping of Maria Luna Food Service Facility Central Kitchen
* Adhere strictly to all safety regulations and procedures
* Perform all other taks and duties as ssigned
* All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer - Human Capital Management.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
Dallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).
* Accredited Senior High School Diploma or valid equivalent (USA equivalency)
* One year experience working in school nutrition or warehouse
* One year experience in delivery of perishable and non-perishable food products
* One year experience in inventory management
* Valid Texas Driver License
* Acceptable driving record
* Must pass drug and alcohol testing upon hiring and randomly while employed
* Skills in food production and warehouse management
* Demonstrated ability to handle paperwork, performing Central Kitchen Warehouse functions and working in commercial freezer with sub-zero (-15 degrees) temperatures
* Demonstrated ability to operate all Central Kitchen Warehouse equipment including: stand-up and sit-down forklifts, walkie rider pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks, floor scrubber and electric dock plates
* Demmonstrated ability to read, write and make simple mathematical computations
* Must be able to follow directions in written and verbal form
* Ability to communicate in English by speaking, reading and writing