With a culture of constant improvement, Brandt Hospitality Group is working to grow our business by growing our people.
Our corporate office is headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, and supports the construction and management of our hotels. BHG currently manages 16 hotels, both newly constructed and acquired, with 2 more hotels opening in 2022.
We are building hotels from Oregon to Maine and can offer a wide range of opportunities at every level of the hotel business. There will never be a better time to join an inspired, growing company than right now. JOB SUMMARY
As Assistant Director of Housekeeping, you will play a crucial role in the management of housekeeping and laundry operations to ensure quality standards are met and optimum service is provided to hotel guests. You will carry out room inspections and team member supervision and training. You will also manage room cleaning assignment sheets, track and inspect deep clean projects, as well as assist with some operations functions such as inventory and budget. If you have a great attention to detail, take pride in your work, and can lead and motivate a team, we invite you to apply! RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and inspect daily cleaning of the guest rooms and public spaces to ensure quality standards are met and optimum service is provided to hotel guests.
- Educate and train all employees on compliance with hotel standards. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance. Maintain and strengthen inter-departmental relationships.
- Carry out special needs and requests of the guests, VIP's and repeat visitors.
- Manage inventory process (guestroom amenities, linen, terry, laundry facilities, and cleaning supplies) and ensure needed supplies are ordered on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assist Director of Housekeeping with implementing and maintaining ongoing general cleaning programs.
- Assist Director of Housekeeping with conducting monthly department meetings with housekeeping staff.
- Request and follow-up on maintenance issues/problems with engineering department to protect hotel assets and ensure a safe, accident free environment for guests and employees.
- Resolve guest complaints regarding service and/or room cleanliness.
- Stay mindful of monthly budget, keeping in communication with the Director of Housekeeping for potential budget discrepancies and any additional staffing requests, if needed.
- Prior housekeeping management experience strongly preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of employee relations and customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Able to prioritize and organize work assignments and delegate responsibilities.
- Demonstrate genuine care for customers and team members.
- Able to access and input information into computer; experience with Opera system preferred.
- Able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
- Associate Hotel Discounts Worldwide!
- PTO Accrual from day one!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program