Guest Services Representative- Front Desk Agent
The Hotel Guest Services Representative is responsible for providing and promoting a high level of guest service from reception at the front desk to guest checkout. The Representative must have a working knowledge of all hospitality services including front office, night audit, and reservations management. They will work to ensure a 100% level of guest satisfaction by acting as the main point-of-contact for all guest requirements and requests throughout the period of stay.
- Smile and continuously project a helpful attitude.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Stay current on all emergency procedures and acts accordingly.
- Greet and register guests and provide room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible, assist in the pre-registration and blocking of reservations.
- Have working knowledge of reservations procedures, sell reservations (be an order maker, not an order taker), and know cancellation procedures and Walk Policy.
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide information to all guests in a courteous and informative manner; Will not volunteer information about guests or associates - only indicate whether or not they can be reached.
- Handle complaints courteously. When necessary, relay through supervisor for appropriate action and enter in the follow up log.
- Handle lost and found by taking relevant messages and completing Lost and Found form and directing to proper department.
- Communicate with incoming shift by logging pertinent information in the front office log.
- Ensure that all cash, checks, and miscellaneous departments are in balance at the end of each shift.
- Complete appropriate shift checklist daily.
- Keep housekeeping informed of any special requests, late checkouts, and special need areas in the hotel.
- Answer and transfer all incoming calls in a timely and friendly manner.
- Receive and transmit mail, phone calls, and written messages for guests (in absence of voice mail system).
- Answer inquires pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Assist guests in obtaining information. Call airlines, rent-a-car, companies, etc.
- Post room charges, food and beverage charges, phone charges, and compute guest bills using PMS.
- Collect payments and make changes for hotel guests following all handling procedures as required.
- Ensure adequate key cards are available for assignment of guest rooms.
- Attend to special service requests including securing of guest valuables in safety deposit boxes.
- Assure that complimentary amenities are delivered to VIP's at the time required.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations upon checkout and by providing recommendations for alternate NHG products/services.
- Maintain a log of items borrowed from the front desk and deliver items when necessary, i.e. Irons/ironing boards, blow dryers.
- Keep the front office area neat, clean, and free of safety hazards.
- Maintain knowledge of the hotel, hotel team, hotel services with hours of operations, room locations, types of rooms and room selling strategies, hotel rates and discounts, hotel credit and check cashing policies and procedures, and know how to handle each.
- Responsible for proper telephone etiquette.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the hotel's PMS. Has understanding of in-house computers and monitors computer accuracy to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Be aware of new potential sales contacts through guest interaction and report the information to the Sales Department.
- Wear proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance with the standards of appearance.
- Contribute to and support the hospitality programs and training seminars to ensure their success, continue to practice skills taught.
- Attend monthly front office meetings.
- Perform required tasks, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Minimum Performance Standards set by NHG.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the NHG Employee Handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
A High School Diploma or GED is required. One year of Customer Service experience is required.
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Strong computer and Internet skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Professionalism beyond reproach
- Pleasant and helpful demeanor
- Outstanding moral, ethical character
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Physical stamina to stand on feet throughout shift
- Paid time off
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it!