TITLE: Assistant General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Location: Charlie Bird
Reports to: General Manager
Direct Reports: Hourly Employees
Key Relationships: Director of Operations, Partners, FOH/BOH Management, Hourly Employees
The Assistant General Manager at Charlie Bird is responsible for working closely with the General Manager, and
Front of House Management teams to deliver high performance services, while also providing support and leadership
to all hourly employees.
Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each
day's service and business operations.
● Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times.
● Drive the standards for service & hospitality for all services at Charlie Bird.
● When necessary, work to organize and complete the administrative setup and breakdown of service
(including but not limited to creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in, employee cash outs, bank
close out etc.)
● Maintain positive working relationship and act as liaison between FOH and BOH teams.
● Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
● Work closely with the Events & Reservations Manager and Executive Assistant to provide support for the
Host Team during service. Assist in cultivating repeat guests.
● Maintain a strong understanding of restaurant financials while assisting the General Manager in holding the
team accountable to financial targets.
● Have an advanced understanding of operations and human resources best practices, as well as administrative
tasks including but not limited to payroll, scheduling, onboarding.
● Act as the liaison between DHG operations team, as well as the back and front of house teams.
Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
● Adhere to and help enforce all Charlie Bird guidelines and protocols as it pertains to personal appearance,
attendance, and conduct.
● Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time.
● Work with Director of Operations and Director of HR to stay current and compliant with the appropriate HR
practices and policies.
● Ensure appropriate inventory of all Charlie Bird business collateral, all office supplies and materials and any
relevant restaurant supplies.
● Work closely with all teams to ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the overall
Continuously build a high-performance team.
● In conjunction with management, hire and train all team members according to the standards of Charlie Bird
& DHG, including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, onboarding and orientation.
● Provide continuous training and leadership to develop and professionally grow all staff members.
● Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary
procedure when necessary.
● Work with the Dining Room Manager to provide leadership and guidance to the management team by setting
a positive example and professional accountability.
● Assist with uploading and coding of all Front of House invoices.
● Manage Front of House purchases and set pars/controls for all direct operating expense items.
● Keep the DHG Finance team apprised of any discrepancies or errors with all daily POS entries.
Responsible for overseeing and administering tasks in the following areas.
● Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and team members.
● Payroll, Scheduling/Labor, Recruiting, Progressive Discipline, POS Systems, and Training.
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)