Apply now and, if hired, you may qualify for a $1500 signing bonus.
Come join the growing Dining Services team of Skyline at First Hill, Seattle's premier luxury high rise retirement community. We offer competitive wages, full benefits and no late nights. Not only has our staff has remained unaffected by the results of the past 1 ½ years, we are growing and expanding opening many possibilities for advancement throughout Skyline and our parent company, Transforming Age. We are currently hiring servers and wait staff to join our growing team! If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and work with an incredible team, this role is for you!
What does our Dining Server do?
- Setting tables in dining room for meal service
- On occasion, setting up and preparing food items
- Keeping the food and beverage area organized and fully-stocked
- Getting to know the menu for each meal to assure all items are available and to answer the residents' questions
- Staying on top of menu changes, specials, and special requests
- Keeping the dining room neat, clean and tidy at all times
- Being willing and able to help residents with any meal service assistance they might request or require
- Greeting guests, informing them of specials and changes; answering questions and making suggestions
- Processing resident orders to ensure items are prepared properly and served promptly
- Maintaining a positive, outgoing and upbeat attitude throughout service and while interacting with residents and coworkers
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed!
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Basic arithmetic skills (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division)
- Enjoy working with older adults and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work cooperatively as a member of the kitchen/dining staff team and be able to respond to verbal instructions and directions
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you're looking for as well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call team members
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
At Skyline, we are proud to step up for safety by requiring COVID-19 vaccination of all team members by October 15, 2021. We're prioritizing safety for our team members and residents/clients, their families and our communities by requiring the COVID-19 vaccination. It's about safety, care and valuing each member of our team so we can all Work with Purpose and Impact.