The Hilton Garden Inn Austin NW / Arboretum is looking for an Assistant General Manager to join our team.We offer competitive pay, flexible scheduling opportunities, paid time off, and comprehensivebenefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with Employer Match.
The Assistant General Manager plans and manages the operations of the hotel to achieve customer (guests, employees, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
• Effectively manage the staff of multiple hotel departments; hire, train, develop, empower, coach, and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, discipline and recommend termination of employment as appropriate.
• Oversee Accounting, Front Office and human Resource functions for the hotel.
• Implement company/brand programs, develop and manage property programs and manage the operations of assigned functions in a manner consistent with the requirements of the management contract, the franchise agreement, federal/state laws and regulations, and the policies/procedures of the company.
• Develop, recommend, implement and manage the hotel's annual and long-term operation, sales and marketing, capital, revenue, expense and profit goals to meet/exceed owner and corporate management expectations.
• Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Implement emergency procedures to ensure appropriate protection for hotel guests, staff and company assets; develop and deliver related training.
• May collect outstanding Accounts Receivables and resolve Accounts Payable issues with vendors.
• Maintain and update personnel and payroll records in compliance with Company policies and procedures; monitor and direct effective employee orientation and training activities.
• Monitor employees to ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures; provide employees with related equipment and clothing items in accordance with Company policy.
• Prepare and submit all reports to the General Manager and Corporate management as requested and according to scheduled due dates.
• Assume responsibilities of any line level employee, as needed.
• May assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in his/her absence.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Directly Supervises GSM, Front Desk and Night Audit staff.
• Provides support to Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer.
• Advanced knowledge of the hospitality and business management fields and of all policies and procedures relating to hotel operations.
• Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
Good management/supervisory skills.
• Ability to study, analyze, and interpret complex activities or information to identify and resolve problems.
• Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees and management, guests, owners, and investors.
• Intermediate proficiency with all hotel-related systems and software.
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent leadership, managerial/supervisory and organizational skills.
• Good understanding of basic accounting functions and financial statements, including profit and loss and balance sheet statements.
• Ability to study, analyze, and interpret complex activities or information to identify and resolve problems and make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
• Ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English; some proficiency with speaking a second language highly desirable.
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to follow corporate standards and procedures
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in Hospitality, Business or related field.
• 3+ years of experience as a Manager of one or more hotel departments in hospitality.
• Previous experience preferred with Hilton ONQ, PMS and M3 accounting system preferred.
• Minimum training required per year as assigned by the company
• Any additional training required by manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; bend; kneel; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to supervise on-floor activities 60% of the work day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions at the Company's discretion and on a case-by-case basis.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is a full-time position and is regularly required to work 50+ hours per week.
• Work days and work hours may vary depending on hotel needs.
• This position works indoors.