Founded in 1997, Viking is the world's leading small ship travel company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250 awards and was recently voted the River Cruise Line and the Ocean Cruise Line by Condé Nast Traveler in the publication's 2021 Readers' Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United States.
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi . Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $49,000annually
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Restaurant Attendant ensures efficient food and beverage (F&B) operations and maintains high production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards in accordance with Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction.
- Provide support to the assigned stations in different outlets, collect and deliver food and beverages, monitor buffet services, prepare & maintain or replenish condiments, as directed.
- Set up and maintain all self-service buffet areas, ensuring that each item is labeled correctly; assist with food service behind the line, if/when instructed.
- Provide the Waiterwith support.
- Serve beverages during meal periods, as instructed by Supervisors, following safe Company Alcohol Serving Policies.
- Ensure that all service quality standards, in the assigned area, are in line with Viking's STAR Service Standards; clean work areas and operating equipment in accordance with company rules and standards.
- Prepare and perform F&B activities (i.e. cocktail parties and Tea Time) and special events, as assigned.
- Ensure assigned areas are set up in accordance with the direction from the relevant Supervisors and Viking's Operations Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Minimize equipment loss/damage, and maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in relevant areas, by applying safe working policies and procedures, according to all Public Health Policies, and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and returned accordingly, after each use; clean & polish equipment, glassware and flatware.
• Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- Partake in embarkation duty, as directed, including but not limited to luggage assistance, escorting Guests and any other related duties; participate in storing, as assigned or directed.
- Participate in "The Daily Reunion" every day to understand your team's operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and sales-oriented service to Guest and consistently maintain an impeccable standard of cleanliness and hygiene in assigned areas, as per Viking's STAR Service Standard s and all Public Health Policies; proactively prepare service according to Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea day activities & other activities.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking's Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment and programs.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Restaurant Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public
- Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
- Take ownership of the assigned areas of responsibilities in any F&B outlet, according to direction from the relevant Supervisors.
- Assist in other departments and/or perform additional duties, upon instruction from supervisors.