Wellco is the hospitality group that supports Le Pain Quotidien USA, Little Beet, and Little Beet Table.
Based in New York City The FP&A will play a key role in the data-driven success of our three brands: Le Pain Quotidien, The Little Beet and The Little Beet Table brands.
Wellco is seeking a passionate, collaborative analyst with a strong foundation in strategy, marketing and operations who brings energy, curiosity and desire to make an impact to a larger organization. The Analyst will have experience establishing structure to support the ongoing brand evolution and an understanding and appreciation of how technology enables an improved guest experience. This role is responsible for supporting the group's key functions including financial analysis, planning, forecasting, management reporting, and company profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare daily Sales and weekly performance updates
- Ensure financial integrity of the data and data collection
- Work closely with senior management, department heads, and brand operators to generate critical and actionable insights into our business
- Update monthly forecasting models and develop variance and trend analyses to help the Company improve financial performance
- Generate monthly financial reports working closely with VP Finance and Brand corporate controller
- Provide key support in annual budgeting process and strategic plan development
- Maintain monthly "Senior Management" book that provides: 1) analysis of historical financials, 2) variance explanations, 3) updated forecasts with risks and opportunities to current plan, 4) key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Provide data-driven support to ad-hoc projects.
- Prepare competitor and market trend analyses that identify leaders, laggers and potential opportunities in which our Company may have a competitive advantage
- Continually develop new reporting formats and analytical tools
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A self-starter who can anticipate questions and future challenges and is eager to help find data-driven solutions to those questions.
- An acknowledged "student of industry", brings curiosity, tenacity and a talent for transforming raw data into insights for the business
- An entrepreneurial spirit balanced with an appreciation for corporate systems and willingness to "roll up your shirtsleeves"
- An uncompromising commitment to excellence, who brings a hands-on, "all-in" work ethic with a high level of energy and passion for the restaurant business
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- 3+ years of work experience in a financial planning and analysis or professional services - retail industry experience a plus
- Personal characteristics that include business maturity, integrity, self-confidence, resilience, collaborative influence style, superior communication, both verbal and written, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely systems savvy with strong expertise in Excel and Powerpoint (familiarity with visualization software - e.g Adaptive, Tableau)
- Clear communication skills in person and online with experience in translating data into strategic recommendations
- An interest in the restaurant industry and curiosity about the world, food and people
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required