DO&CO - Accounting Manager
Are you an internationally minded finance professional? Do you have a can-do mentality, can you push yourself and others forward and are you eager to contribute to DO&CO ambitious growth plans?
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for the Company's accounting related to fixed assets, leases, certain operating expenses and support in all areas of accounting, including accounts payable and receivable, cash control, forecasting/budgeting, hiring, data reporting, paperwork administration, and record-keeping.
You will work with Finance, IT, Facilities, Financial Reporting and other stakeholders to ensure adherence to the Company's accounting policies, provide accounting guidance, and assist with capital expenditure reporting and forecasting.
In case you don't know who we are:
We have a passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky. With the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, DO&CO offers gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate in 31 locations, 11 countries and 3 Continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly - sometimes beyond our own expectations.
A day as a Accounting Manager
- Prepare the financial statements according to the company policies and procedures, GAAP and the Uniform System of Accounts.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing, including preparation of journal entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Proper set up of payroll and accounts payable accruals and deferrals
- Oversee the accounts payable department and support as needed
- Create intercompany invoices and reconcile intercompany accounts
- Company Credit Cards reconciliation
- Maintain the fixed assets schedule and depreciation
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Manage internal and external audits as well as tax audits
- Prepare Sales Tax returns for all states
- Assist with corporate tax returns, and corporate reporting requirements
- Oversee all day-to-day accounting processes.
- Assist with documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Research, resolve and respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain effective system and control procedures
- Assist in technical, training and maintaining of accounting system.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested
Who you are:
- B.S. in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a department
- Proven ability to be a resourceful problem-solver
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong attention to details
- Strong knowledge of accrual accounting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to meet deadlines
What We Offer
- Salary that matches your level of expertise
- Health Care + 401K. Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision
- A wonderful workplace to call home, events, fun colleagues, and all other regular salary/benefits stuff
- A business where you can have a real impact, we're not afraid of new ideas!
- Genuine career development opportunities, both nationally and internationally
- The opportunity to work with and represent one of the most innovative players in the luxury global gourmet entertainment market
DO&CO is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status