Growing up Southern is a privilege. It runs a helluva lot deeper than just where you're born. It's a set of ideals passed down through generations. Sure, it's about sweet tea and swimmin' holes, front porches and fried chicken, magnolias, and Moon Pies. But more importantly, it's about being devoted to your roots; having a sense of place, of tradition, of family, hard work and each other. And those, my friends, should be universal ideals.
To that end, we proudly present Yardbird Southern Table & Bar. A house of worship to farm-fresh ingredients, classic Southern cooking, culture, and hospitality. What we believe is a noble endeavor indeed. So stop on by, cop a seat and sample some made from-scratch divinity. We're serving up the freshest, most inventive takes on regional Southern fare seven days a week with a foot-stompin', soul-healin' brunch on the weekends. We'll keep a place set for you. Job Details
Role: General Manager
Reporting to: Director of Operations and Vice President of Operations
General Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. The GM will oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. Primary Job Duties:
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Supervise all the front-of-the-house employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the restaurant.
- Work with Vice President of Operations to instill company culture, build morale and create an ongoing positive work environment, using established as well as newly developed initiatives.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service to maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Understand and follow written company procedures with 100% accuracy and regulations to our front-of-the-house team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices review and submission, reporting, paid-outs) and personnel/payroll-related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food, liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, office supplies, equipment, & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on-hand quantities, costs, & quality levels.
- Utilize labor effectively to meet budgets while ensuring high standards of Quality, Service & Cleanliness. Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost objectives are met. Monitor budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted. The GM maximizes financial performance and profit.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and making appropriate recommendations.
TOTAL GUEST SATISFACTION & SERVICE
- Regularly measure and evaluate service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement.
- Respond positively and quickly to guest concerns. Correct potential problems before they affect guests. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
FACILITIES SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- In the event certain incidents occur on a regular basis, take corrective actions to reduce such incidents from occurring
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical and other requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in an integrated resort, restaurant group, private club, or luxury hotel chain.
- Possess a comprehensive set of F&B service and operations skills and a focus on VIP customer service.
- Must have led a team of 100 employees in front of the house and back of the house combined.
- Enjoy problem-solving and can think outside the box in difficult situations.
- Team-oriented approach to management with a mindset of open communications.
- Capable of building and managing relationships with multiple departments as well as key customers.
- Administration knowledge of F&B operations and Quality management, proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, purchase orders, menus, and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate to groups of customers or employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; bend; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; talk; hear; see, and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. - provided by Dice