Hospitality America is looking for an Assistant General Manager to join our team! The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Manages all areas of the hotel in accordance with brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provides exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Major Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Legal Shield and Identity Theft Protection
Accident/ Critical Illness/ Hospitalization Insurance
Paid Time Off
401K after 1 year of employment
Scope of the position:
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests' needs.
• IS COMMITTED TO MAKING EVERY GUEST 100 PERCENT SATISFIED.
• Ensures hotel staff, including all new-hires, know all components of the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and We CARE-Guaranteed (if applicable for the brand), and are trained to meet service standards; develops added-value customer service programs.
• Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
• Ensures hotel standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
MARKETING AND SALES MANAGEMENT
• Develops and implements marketing and sales plans based on demand segments to maximize revenue per available room.
• Knows why competitors are successful in each demand segment and directly markets/sells against them.
• Ensures that marketing and sales plans are appropriate for each sales period, including special plans to maximize room revenue during forecasted low occupancy.
• Coordinates advertising, public relations, and promotional programs.
• Knows key accounts and actively "sells" through sales calls, property tours, etc.
• Meets or exceeds budgeted profit margin for hotel.
• Accurately forecasts revenues/expenses.
• Prepares annual budget that accurately reflects the hotel's business plan.
• Anticipates revenue/cost problems and manages the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
• Analyzes financial and operating information on ongoing basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements and operating costs.
• Ensures hotel staff is trained in financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables, and that these procedures are regularly followed.
• Produces accurate, timely financial reports.
• Knows the hotel's demand segments and sources of business for each.
• Knows the principal competition for each demand segment and can take advantage of the hotel's relative strengths against each.
• Identifies major revenue and expense opportunities and possible problems.
• Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on the changing market conditions (e.g. increased competition).
• Translates business plans into action and manages those actions toward the achievement of revenue and cost objectives.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/reward programs to maintain a qualified workforce.
• Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as a way of doing business.
• Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
• Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
• Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
• Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely way.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
• Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
• Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
• Ensures training objectives and development plans are completed.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
• Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
• Ensures ongoing staff and employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs.
• Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
• Coordinates capital projects within budget, on time, and with minimal disruption to the guests.
• Has outstanding property Quality Assurance Evaluations.
• Personally conducts a weekly property audit with the hotel's maintenance supervisor and executive housekeeper.
• Inspects rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc.
SAFETY AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT
• Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
• Understands and implements "Right to Know" laws.
• Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
• Recognizes and corrects potential security problems such as locking doors after hours, etc.
• Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel's key control system and ensures others are trained in same.
• Uses ongoing safety training to minimize worker's compensation claims.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit. - We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. - Our company is an equal opportunity employer.