The Betsy, located on South Beach's iconic Ocean Drive, is considered one of the country's premier independent boutique hotels. Family owned and operated, it is steps from the beach and in the heart of the most exciting neighborhood in America. Its ownership family works actively with all the members of the extended Betsy team to curate every aspect of the hotel and guest experience, and The Betsy's CEOs (Canine Executive Officers), golden retrievers Betsy and Rosa, welcome every guest.
Beyond its 130 elegant guest rooms and suites, the property boasts multiple restaurants by acclaimed Chef Laurent Tourondel as well as a spectacular array of common spaces: the Lobby Bar with exceptional live jazz nine times a week, roof decks and terraces with panoramic ocean and skyline views (including a rooftop pool and bar suspended in mid-air), a coffee bar and gallery space home to just some of the hotel's permanent and rotating art exhibitions, a library open 24/7, and a beach-facing front terrace with the best outdoor dining setup in greater Miami. The Betsy's Writers' Room, just one example of the ownership family's commitment to the arts, has hosted over 1,000 writers-in-residence. Above all, The Betsy is a haven for discerning travelers seeking luxury of experience and transcendent service.
We're looking for the best and brightest in every field related to who we are and what we do. If you have a passion for any element of The Betsy's DNA - whether commitment to excellent service, great food, creative arts, music, or simply an appreciation of The Betsy's unique brand of understated, experiential luxury hospitality - we want to hear from you.
- Provide office coverage, organizational, and clerical support to the Engineering and Housekeeping departments by actively monitoring property systems, project tracking documents, updating room statuses, and providing other administrative duties. Support monitoring of staff by conducting daily walk through, inspecting staff work, and giving guidance and direction so that deficiencies are corrected and standards are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls in a courteous, efficient manner to ensure ultimate guest satisfaction.
- Dispatch all internal and external customers and facilities needs to departmental staff.
- Support department leadership in training staff members.
- Monitor and update room statuses in the hotel property management system.
- Uphold maintenance and safety standards.
- Diligently and consistently enter new work orders as well as monitor existing work orders in HotSOS.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- When necessary, assist with stripping, cleaning, and inspecting rooms based on daily operational priorities.
- As directed by department leadership, create daily assignment sheets for Engineers and Housekeepers, ensuring that all arrival rooms and daily service rooms are covered and the workload is fair among the team.
- Purchase supplies, and arrange for outside services, such as deliveries and laundry.
- Assist in maintaining high morale and performance level in the department.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Provide assistance to staff members as needed.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Two-year Associates Degree or the equivalent preferred.
- Three or more years related experience or equivalent.
- One or more years of experience as a property level hospitality Supervisor.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Proficient computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary. Climbing, reading, standing, walking, and routinely lifting up to 50lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
- Must have the ability to speak clearly and communicate, read, write, and understand English.
- Previous luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Betsy Hospitality Management is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness.
- For your physical and mental wellness, we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Personal/Holiday benefits.
- For your financial wellness we provides a wide array of coverage; 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, Short and Long-Term Disability and discounts through ADP.
Betsy Hospitality Management is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free as well as harassment free workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.