Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies.
Join our team
Google Cloud technology is the future, empowering millions of organizations and businesses to
lead, innovate and grow. If you are interested in working with this leading edge technology while
providing best in class technical customer support, consider this great opportunity at TELUS.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
We are looking for a Cloud Network Support Specialist who will provide excellent technical
customer service support for Google Cloud Platform products and solutions including
networking and related services. Working in a blended call center environment, you will provide
real time technical assistance and Networking support over the phone and via online
communications based on client requirements as part of a global 24x7 support organization. This
role will also work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to improve the product and
make our customers successful
● Resolving client's technical issues
● Help companies create their applications and programs
● Advising the best solutions to reach their objectives
● Development and improvement of platforms
● Trainings and meetings with client
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
● Strong understanding of Linux system & Windows server administration
● Strong knowledge of networking (NAT, DNS, firewalls, routing, load balancing, etc.)
● Strong understanding of network troubleshooting tools (ping, netstat,
traceroute/tracert/mtr,dig, route, package analyzer like TCPDump etc)
● TCP/IP protocol knowledge and ability to use it for troubleshooting of reachability,
latency and throughput issues.
● Familiarity troubleshooting Linux performance (CPU, memory, I/O) and familiarity with
common Linux troubleshooting tools (vmstat, iostat, lsof, strace, etc.)
● Demonstrate comprehensive troubleshooting tactics
● Ability to quickly learn and explain new complex technologies and subjects.
● Understanding and identify issues from reading product logs (VPN, Load Balancer)
● Resourcefulness and strong research skills
● Must have proficient Oral and Written English language and good communication skills
● 24/7 availability
Great to have:
● College diploma in Computer Science or 2 years of equivalent experience
● Relevant certification (Associate Cloud Engineer, CCNA, RHCSA)
● Familiarity with VPN and Virtual Private Clouds
● Experience with virtual machines (Google Compute Engine, VMware, Amazon EC2, etc.)
● Experience with automation scripting
● Familiarity with web and mail protocols (HTTP, TLS, SMTP, etc.)
● Familiarity with modern API technologies (OAuth, HTTP RPCs, REST)
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading
telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include
wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and
services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in
the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at
TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more
diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers
want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities
based on ability