Hospitality America is looking for an Executive Housekeeper to join our team!
- Major Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident/ Critical Illness/ Hospitalization Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K after 1 year of employment
Scope of the position:
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel including rooms and public areas. Major responsibilities include ensuring guests are satised
with hotel cleanliness; responding to guests' needs; ensuring safety and security of rooms; maintaining inventory and cost controls; selecting,
training, maintaining and managing a motivated and skilled workforce. Establishes a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product
quality and provides exemplary performance for staff to follow.
- Maintains BRAND cleanliness standards for both guest rooms and public areas and inspects them to ensure that standards are met.
- Trains staff in all aspects of housekeeping including guest service.
- Administers guest satisfaction inspection procedures and reports.
- Maintains key control and lost-and-found and ensures staff is trained to follow correct procedures for both.
- Plans work schedules and room assignments with minimum disruption to guests.
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding promptly to guests' needs with an interest and concern in satisfying every guest.
- Ensures hotel staff, including all new-hires, know all components of the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and We CARE-Guaranteed (if applicable in the brand), and are trained to meet service standards.
- Develops added-value customer service programs regarding housekeeping services.
- Can communicate to guests about hotel promotions, local attractions and points of interest.
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver great guest service by encouraging responsiveness to guests' needs.
- Meets or exceeds hotel guest satisfaction measures.
- Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selecting, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluating and pay/reward programs to maintain a skilled, qualied workforce.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Emphasizes training and development as a way of doing business to empower employees to provide excellent guest service.
- Ensures personnel les are accurate and comply with local and federal regulations.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely way.
- Ensures housekeepers know responsibilities and manage against those responsibilities.
- Ensures employees know policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benets.
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Uses ongoing safety training to minimize worker's compensation claims.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
- Assists in annual budget preparation.
- Anticipates revenue/cost problems in department.
- Tracks nancial and operating information on ongoing basis to adjust plans, labor and other costs.
- Produces accurate nancial reports on time.
- Orders and buys cleaning supplies, linens and chemicals at the best prices.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and ensures staff follows proper inventory/cost control procedures.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling ongoing cleaning activities.
- Ensures staff and employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs.
- Justies capital projects for inclusion in the capital budget.
- Protects the interest of the hotel during capital projects.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Understands and implements "Right to Know" laws which apply to housekeeping supplies and chemicals.
- Recognizes and corrects conditions which may create security, re or accident hazards.
- Understands and implements hotel's key control system.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.