SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking a full-time dynamic and experienced Social Media Manager to work within the GMCVB's Communications department to promote Greater Miami & Miami Beach. This position will assume responsibilities for the Communications department as well as Advertising & Digital Marketing to include increasing consumer and partner engagement on GMCVB social media channels, creating compelling content for Greater Miami & Miami Beach social media channels.
- The Social Media Manager will cultivate, engage, and grow the social media community across various owned properties, and develop KPIs that measure social media performance.
- Develop strategies to increase engagement and traffic to GMCVB social media properties, (domestic & global: UK, Germany, Latin America, Brazil, etc.), in conjunction with the GMCVB's social media agencies.
- Plan and input all social media posts in the domestic social media calendar and maintain a high-level overview of social media activities in the GMCVB master content calendar.
- Develop and publish ongoing social media content, and influencer marketing programs to support business and marketing objectives.
- Develop ongoing reporting and analytics based on native social media platforms and social media listening tools.
- Manage day-to-day content & execution of all social media platforms, including consumer facing Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Tik Tok on domestic and global accounts as well as corporate channels on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Manage GMCVB's domestic and global social media profiles and agency partners.
- Liaise with global agencies and approve monthly content calendars, promotion approval, prize fulfillment, process invoices, participate in monthly agency and quarterly all- agency calls, and provide support and clear direction to guarantee effective customer service and brand consistency across all markets.
- Create content (copy and visual asset selection) for organic social media posts.
- Manage paid advertising program to increase performance and optimize social media buys for optimal results and higher engagement.
- Write clear, persuasive copy to be pushed out on all social media platforms.
- Ensure advertising campaigns are inclusive of GMCVB's DEI process.
- Oversee social media promotional efforts for GMCVB programs (Temptations, Winter Trigger, Found in Miami, etc.), local events (Art Basel Miami Beach, Miami Fashion Week, etc.) and partnership support including creation of plan, social media toolkit for partners, manage and execute prize fulfillment, coordinate with in-house creative team for creative and graphics, build and execute promotional creative via social tool, etc.
- Engage in initial planning to execute tactical efforts for local programming.
- Community social engagement respond to social media fans' messages and comments with complete accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Manage & host Twitter chats and parties, including creating run of show, coordinating with participating partners, answering questions from fans, providing analytics reports.
- Leverage social listening tool to monitor and report on consumer engagement activities, engage proactively as well as respond to consumers; Use insight to inform social media program evolution.
- Use social media reporting to continually optimize program.
- Provide monthly promotional social media recaps to various departments, GMCVB partners and stakeholders.
- Manage social media budget to ensure spend to plan.
- Build and execute campaigns, contests, and sweepstakes, including creation of copy and creative, arrange prizing, launch on social platforms, contact winners and arrange prize fulfillment, etc.
- Assists with the establishment and building of online relationships with key influencers through proactive strategies and execution.
- Work closely with other departments, including Partnership, Marketing & Creative Services, Cultural Tourism (Arts, Culture & LGBT) and Multicultural Tourism Department to align marketing and brand efforts, including Temptations and local social media campaign support, coordination of prizing for social campaigns, promoting events.
- Educate others throughout the GMCVB and provide guidance on social media best practice & GMCVB brand.
- Attend weekly status meetings and provide feedback and recommendations for social media programs.
- Stay up to date on new social media trends/ methods for integrating those technologies into the platform; Attend seminars, conventions, etc. to enhance social and digital media knowledge.
- Day-to-day social medial check-in (fan engagement, comments, messages across channels.)
- Social posts.
- Partnership & PR requests (amplify messaging generated by partner events and PR activities)
- Contribute content for corporate "What's Happening" newsletter, marketing, and executive committee presentations, etc.
- Global social check-in- process global invoices.
- Miami Insider enews approvals.
- Agency Management.
- Strategic Planning.
- Analysis & Reporting.
- Creative Production.
- Promotions Management.
Social Media Manager Requirements:
4-year college degree (marketing or digital media a plus).
At least 2 years of work experience managing social media or marketing programs.
Two or more years of relevant work experience in social media marketing or related role.
Proven knowledge and experience in the fundamentals of classical marketing.
In-depth knowledge and application of content marketing theory.
Excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms, their unique audiences and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts.
Exceptional time management skills and interpersonal relations.
In-depth knowledge of analytics software, content management systems and SEO tools.
APPLY BY DEADLINE DECEMBER 30, 2021. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Send resume & salary requirements to: or mail: GMCVB, Human Resources 701 Brickell Avenue, #2700 Miami, FL 33131. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. EOE.