Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is to ensure high-quality food is prepared, apportioned, and presented in an appealing manner to participants. The responsibilities of this job include all types of food preparation, including yet not limited to baking, grilling, stove-top and oven cooking; and cleaning the kitchen and dishes. The incumbent assists in any duty needed done in the kitchen area. Supports and lives out Immanuel's mission and CHRIST Promises.
Requirements of the Job:
- Be medically cleared of all communicable diseases and have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct participant care.
- Meet standardized competencies for the specific position description established by the PACE organization and approved by CMS before working independently.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for participants.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Cleans, cuts, and cooks meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bakes breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Prepares food following recipes and special dietary restrictions..
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment and appliances.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including surfaces, towels, utensils, and dispensers.
- Maintains safety of work areas.
- Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
- Assists with food prep as needed.
- Follows all procedures and regulations as written by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Culinary Trade or Vocational Schooling is preferred.
- One (1) year of culinary experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certificate is preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of the kitchen's ordering process.
- Knowledge of food handlers' regulations and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Knowledge of State safety standards.
- Skills in using various kitchen utensils and cooking methods.
- Skills in safely handling food.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency, and texture.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to follow recipes.