Now Hiring (FT/PT) Cook!
This position works under the Director, Culinary Service and supports all activities of the Culinary Service Department and Dining Room. The position is responsible for quality of meals served, quality of service delivery during meal service, and for compliance with special diets offered by the community.
Check out our perks!
- Control Your Schedule: View your schedule, pick-up shifts & request time off anytime, anywhere from the OnShift mobile app.
- Earn Rewards: Track your progress and earn award points for clocking in & out on time, answering surveys and for other contributions in the community.
- Provide Feedback: Answer short community surveys and provide feedback about your day - all from your mobile phone.
What we offer you:
- A company that is growing so you can grow too
- An awesome team to work with
- Group Medical including dental and vision
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K/Roth plan
- Perks and Discounts Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support the Director, Culinary Service with planning, directing, controlling, communicating, and coaching in the Culinary Service Department.
- Respond to resident likes and dislikes maintaining high resident satisfaction. Ensure that all foods are prepared to satisfaction of residents and in accordance with safe food handling practices.
- Maintain food temperatures and time controls during storage, production, and serving according to required food safety standards.
- Circulate in the dining room to ascertain resident preferences and satisfaction with meals.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and dining area.
- Foster teamwork with co-workers, show initiative in overcoming obstacles, take actions to assist others beyond job responsibilities, and have a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Candidates are required to be vaccinated prior to September, 1, 2021 or complete COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment by September 30, 2021.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year of experience in food service required. Minimum three years' experience in food service preferred.
- Obtain Food Handlers Permit (as required by state regulation).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, personnel skills, and community relations skills are essential.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.