DINING ROOM SERVER
The Dining Room Server is responsible for serving the residents in the dining room. This position also maintains the Standards of Excellence established by Merrill Gardens for cleanliness, customer service, and proper delivery in an organized and timely fashion. Adheres to customer service philosophy by providing excellent customer service to residents, their families, and Team Members.
Day shifts 7a-2p or Evening Shift 4-7:30pm, weekends and holidays
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide a high level of customer service to residents and Team Members by achieving the standards as outlined in the MG CARES program.
· Cleans, sanitizes, organizes, and maintains all customer service areas in your section.
· Greets residents seated in the dining room
· Tracks and reports residents who miss meals.
· Keeps an accurate record of meals served to residents
· Reports any unusual incidents or concerns to management.
· Presents a professional and caring attitude when dealing with residents and guests
· Other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Maintains or can acquire a Food Handler's Permit, as required.
· Able to communicate both in written and spoken English.
· At least 16 years of age.
· Flexible with schedule and available to work early morning or evening shifts as well as days, weekends, and holidays.
· Consistent and punctual attendance for shifts.
· Maintains compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
· Meets all health requirements (including TB) and pass drug/alcohol and background checks.
· Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to ensure the health and safety of our residents and team members.
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the position:
· Frequently lifts and carries up to 10 lbs., and occasionally lifts and carries up to 50 lbs.
· Requires constant standing and walking.
· Frequent twisting and rotating head, neck, torso and arms.
· Occasionally will bend, squat, reach, climb stairs and push/pull up to 40 lbs.
· Regularly required to talk, see, hear, and use hands to handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
· Able to smell as necessary to discern resident's needs and/or building emergencies
Kirkwood Corners is a 28-room assisted living home in Lee NH. We offer a smaller more personal size home for loved ones. We specialize in care that is just like being at home, with that special touch. Our families are just that, our families. At Kirkwood Corners you will know each of us by first name, not just a room number like larger industrial sized senior living.
The main house, built in the 18th century is surrounded by a lush forest and wildlife. Our large green field and rustic barn is like a stepping into a classic New England story. If you would like to work for a smaller sized organization yet have the large corporate benefits, Kirkwood Corners is for you.
Merrill Gardens (the parent company of Kirkwood Corners) offers:
· Highly competitive pay and benefits!
· Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more!!
· Most evenings off! Our kitchen closes at 7:00! You'll be done by 8:00!
· Daily complimentary meals!
· A rapidly growing company with opportunities for advancement!
· Company sponsored training!
Merrill Gardens, a privately-owned family company with a proud history of success. Apply now to join one of the most respected senior living operators in the country!
Protecting the health and safety of our residents and team members is a top priority! COVID-19 vaccine is required for all our team members.
We want to talk with you!
206 N River Rd
Lee NH 03861
Merrill Gardens was recognized as 2016 Family Business of the Year! Our mission is to provide an inspiring environment for our residents, families, and team members where every life is defined by the possibilities. If you are a team focused individual with a deep commitment to customer service, please email or call to become part of the Merrill family! Merrill Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Requests for Religious or Medical exemptions are available upon request.JB.0.00.LN