The Road Home seeks employees that have a deep commitment to the mission of serving adults and families that are experiencing homelessness. At the direction of the Resource Center Kitchen Manager, the Kitchen Staff will assist in the operation of kitchen duties, including assisting with food planning and preparation, ensuring proper food handling practices, food and kitchen clean-up, and maintaining safe and sanitary conditions of the facilities and equipment. The Lead Kitchen Staff will serve as the person in charge when the Kitchen Manager is not on-site, and direct meal service, clean-up and assignments as needed.
Men's Resource Center
Varying shifts during resource center meal service, weekends required
1. Assists in developing menu plans in collaboration with delivered meals.
2. Ensures meals are served at scheduled times each day.
3. Collaborates with Volunteer Coordinator to provide the clear direction of food services and general overall operation of the kitchen with the kitchen volunteers and teach safe food handling practices.
4. Assists all, and kitchen volunteers in duties related to the kitchen and to meet all cleanliness standards when performing food related tasks, teach safe food handling practices; ex: appropriate clothing and footwear, hairnets, gloves or aprons.
5. Maintains/organizes kitchen, food storage locations, and all equipment to ensure all is in proper working order and to meet all Health Department standards.
6. Assists Kitchen Manager and Team Lead in the oversight of food storage and food handling practices to maintain the kitchen and food service areas according to safe food handling regulations.
7. Develop positive relationships with center volunteers, guests, and other agency staff.
8. Acts as a member of a cohesive team.
Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.n
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Current Food Handlers Permit.
* Experience working with diverse populations preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion and from a Trauma-Informed Care perspective.
* Understanding of the Housing First philosophy. Willingness to have conversations with guests about housing.
* Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the Agency's commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages.
* Good computer skills.
* Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
* Excellent team player.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible in responding to changes.
* Reliable and dependable, including attendance.
* Must have a valid Utah Food Handler permit.
* Must possess a valid drivers license and be insurable on the agency auto policy.
* Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
PHYSICAL AND EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to stand and walk two or more hours at a time
* Ability to operate kitchen equipment
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To comply with the Presidential Executive Order, The Road Home will be requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 effective Jan 4, 2022.
Our Inclusive benefits:
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* HSA, FSA, HRA
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA, 403B with TRH match)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & 12 Public Holidays)
* One Floating Holiday Per Year
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Program
* Training & Development
* Tuition Reimbursement