The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
DescriptionAbout Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
The Food Service Director is responsible for planning and managing food service across the entire campus. In conjunction with direct reports, develop strategic operations plans aligned with the client's mission, vision, and objectives to include sustainable practices while balancing the fiscal constraints of the operation.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Establish and maintain food production systems (PRIMA) and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food related products.
- Responsible for menu planning and development.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Develop operational component forecasts; monitor expenses and reports all variances.
- Responsible for component's budgeting and accounting functions.
- Conduct period inventory.
- Coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, and labor management.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain front line team.
- Provide Student, Client, Employee, and Community Advocacy.
- Drive customer service and employee engagement through effective use of customer and employee engagement surveys.
- Maintain records to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels within the client organization.
- Develop annual marketing plan for account.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention.
- Identify vertical sales growth opportunities and communicates with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years multi unit experience in dining, retail and or catering operations exceeding $ 4M in sales.
- Previous experience in college/university or business dining is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years primary financial accountability with a direct reporting relationship to clients and senior executives is required.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing tools to increase top and bottom line as well as strong communication skills.
- Previous experience in a college setting with union experience is preferable.