The Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher is a great first step in your culinary career! The ideal candidate believes in showing up on time for work, providing other employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed, and following all sanitary and health-related protocols. This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dish washing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility.
Hours: 2-10pm 2-3days/week
* Deep cleaning kitchen and equipment at least 2 overnights/week to ensure sanitation standards are maintained.
* Sweeping and mopping the entire kitchen, dish areas, restaurant line, and Banquet areas, and walk-in coolers.
* Cleaning china, silverware, and glassware by operating dish machine or by hand as needed.
* Washing and clearing counters, shelves, and queens.
* Washing dish area and kitchen mats.
* Assisting the cooks with set-up and breakdown and cleanliness.
* Monitoring trash and recycling levels in all areas, removing when needed.
* Washing pots and pans and returning them to their proper place after cleaning; scrubbing kettles, and skillets.