Eataly is the world's largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme - but all with the same aim... for our guests to:
If you are interested in Eataly and can be flexible with your job search timeline, we'd be happy to receive your application! We love when candidates are open to working in different cities. Eataly is currently in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York and Toronto. Soon to come to Silicon Valley and many other places!
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team's product knowledge
The Executive Chef oversees all back of house operations for the multiple restaurants and kitchens at an Eataly location, ensuring quality standards and financial goals are consistently met.
Reports directly to the Director of Store Operations. Manages the Chef de Cuisine team.
- Directs and organizes the back of house strategy to maximize profitability and quality
- Leads a team of Chef de Cuisines to drive success in their individual outlets
- Develops recipes and menus focused on Italian authenticity, seasonality and high-quality ingredients
- Partners interdepartmentally with the store senior leadership team and with corporate to executive initiatives, plan special events and share information
- Analyzes financial data, builds a budget, and develops strategies aimed at increasing efficiencies and profit
- Collaborates closely with the GM, Restaurants to create a seamless and efficient restaurant experience
- Prepares updates on the success of restaurants for senior and corporate leadership
- Participates in employee hiring, assignment, training, payroll, scheduling, evaluations and terminations
- Documents, investigates and resolves employee and guest incidents
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 7+ years of chef experience, including 5+ years of management experience
- In-depth understanding of Italian cuisine
- Exceptional communication, leadership, motivational and team-building skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, analytical and business management skills
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree or degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, standing or walking in a restaurant environment
- Ability to operate commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
- Availability to travel up to 10% of the time
Additional InformationBenefits And Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly's policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.