Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Lead Cook to join our team!
Quest Food Management Services, Inc. is a privately owned, full service, foodservice management company located in Lombard, Illinois with annual sales over $65 million. Founded in 1985, Quest has served schools (elementary, middle, high schools, college/universities) throughout Chicagoland guided by its mission to provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service. It has been Quest's employees who have been the cornerstone of our growth. Quality people, quality food, and quality clients are our recipe for success. Led by our vision to create the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it; with integrity, responsiveness, accountability, respect and excellence. Position Summary
Lead Cook prepares and presents menu items during service of the cafeteria to Quest standards. Follows preparation list for items needed for execution of menus and assist in the day to day operations of the kitchen. Duties may include bulk preparation, catering prep, product receiving and cleaning. Assists customers and maintains line in a consistent and professional manner. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cascades the vision of Quest Food Management Services ensuring the Quest vision, values and founding principles are effectively communicated, understood and practiced.
- Demonstrates commitment to Quest vision, values and missions through actions on a daily basis.
- Prepare food as assigned and per directions, production sheets, standardized recipes, and time schedule.
- Accurately assemble and present menu items.
- Follow Quest, local, State and Federal guidelines for the proper handling of food products.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the line and product kitchen. Work with other members of the kitchen as a team.
- Maintain open and effective communication with others.
- Prepare all items to standardized recipes according to each specific event's needs as outlined on the menu.
- Communicate to supervisor product shortages, ordering needs and maintenance issues to maintain the level of day to day business.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the production kitchen and production facility.
- Ability to work at special events when required.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
- Ensure that all food production, storage, and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized work station.
- Complete all prep for the next day's production per production sheets and recipes as assigned and as needed.
- Transport food and all other supplies to and from the kitchen in a sanitary manner.
- Take temperatures and record them for all food.
- Serve food on the hot line and prepare side orders ensuring excellent presentation and garnishing of all plates.
- Follow HACCP guidelines to ensure safe food practices.
- Responsible for receiving and putting away all kitchen deliveries
- Follow all Quest policies and food safety guidelines.
- Report to scheduled shift on time and in complete uniform as outlined in the Quest employee handbook.
- Delegation of daily tasks to cooks.
- Knowledgeable of measurements and ability to make recipe conversions
- Basic baking skills
- Competently complete all duties of cooks I, II, & III
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Required:
- Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a prep cook
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (certified as a Food Handler)
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Ability to follow recipes
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience in the food service industry working in schools / higher education