We are seeking a dynamic, experienced, detailed, and motivated individual for the position of Corporate Sales Assistant. Assists in the management, coordination and execution of items related to the sales operation of the hotel. Responsible for the management and solicitation of a designated market. This position requires a high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and is focused on customer service. To be successful you must possess excellent sales, organizational and time management skills. We are searching for a hospitality professional that will deliver results to meet and/or exceed revenue goals while developing new business, nurturing and maximizing existing accounts in a proactive and productive manner.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of the geographic designated market.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills that allow for calculation of room blocks, average rates and forecast information.
- Ability to travel throughout designated markets in a timely manner.
- Ability to organize detailed information.
- Ability to decipher data and make sound decisions.
- Four year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years sales experience.
- Prior hotel or hospitality experience preferred.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Plan, direct, organize and control departmental activities such as telemarketing, outside sales calls, conducting walking tours, entertaining clients, developing and soliciting new leads, presenting and preparing written proposals and contracts.
- Gather, organize and disseminate both written and verbal information regarding the specific requirements of client's events to the appropriate departments and individual clients in a prompt, accurate, profitable, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation. Assist in assignment and distribution of leads. Provide guidance in prospecting and qualifying potential leads.
- Participate where appropriate in related trade civic/business related functions as a representative of the Milestone in the promotion of the property and/or the city.
- Coordinate, review and evaluate the sales department portion of the monthly forecast.
- Assist in the development of the market plan and related presentations.
- Assists with special projects.
Please write us a paragraph explaining who you are and why you would be fit for this position -- (please DON'T just send a blank email with a resume)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Corporate Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Trade shows
- Office or call center