Anything but an ordinary museum, in 2010 Fotografiska was founded in Stockholm and in late 2019 opened its newest outpost in a treasured, historic landmark building in NYCs Flatiron District. The iconic NYC and Stockholm locations are complemented by expansion in Tallinn, and a forthcoming Berlin Museum set to open in 2022. Fotografiskas goals are simple: to inspire a more conscious world through the power of photography, to bring people together, raise awareness and create positive change. The Museum showcases the greatest photographers, whether they are emerging artists or already established internationally.
Fotografiska | New York
Located at 281 Park Avenue South, the six-floor, 45,000 sq ft (about half the area of a Manhattan city block). the historic landmark is home to an unexpected mix of world-class art, vibrant cultural programming, and exceptional dining experiences. The restaurant, Vernika, and cocktail lounge, V Bar, was designed by Roman and Williams.
At Fotografiska, there are no permanent collections and none of the work is for sale. Fotografiska can respond quickly to ever-changing societal issues, movements, and themes, which is reflected in the immersive, representative, and relevant exhibitions. To date, the New York location has featured work from Ellen von Unwerth, Tawny Chatmon, Helene Schmitz, Adi Nes, and Anastasia Taylor-Lind in partnership with TIME Magazine, Andres Serrano, and others.
The ideal candidate is skilled and creative, able to call to action their vast knowledge to present options and guide all those who enter our doors. They are humble and quick to listen. While they are avid entertainers, they keep a constant eye on the bar| caf area and the needs of all around them. Fotografiskas unique staging allows for a caf counter during the day and a bar at night. The Barista at FOTO will primarily focus on the service of beer, wine, and Amaroo while on occasion being responsible for the service of coffee and tea.
They are fantastic multitaskers whose constant workflow of friendly greetings, drink making, resetting, wiping, and polishing provides a seamless experience for our guests. They are polite and patient with other service staff while being highly communicative and direct with their needs. No request is beneath them--they operate as part of an enthusiastic team whose sole purpose is to inspire guests to betheirmost charming, delightful selves.
The ideal person will work tooffer professional service in a timely manner while understanding all aspects of the coffee, tea, and cocktail culture inanexclusive Membership environment. Undertake and perform all aspects of bar maintenance in terms of opening, closing, cleaning, and general procedures daily.
Our Barista represents Fotografiska with hospitality and generosity, in every interaction with Members, Guests, and team, taking every opportunity to enhance member experience and the brand. Our team is tight and runs with a mindset of no task is too big or too small. The Barista should expect to manage through ambiguity and will need to be ready to support all FOTOs departments in meeting the needs of the museum.
The Barista requires someone who is ready to:
* Consistently provide thoughtful and personal service with the goal to develop a rapport with members and guests.
* Ensure the floor is set and ready for service.
* Maintain cleanliness and always restock equipment as needed.
* Maintain thorough working knowledge of drink menus and be able to articulate to guests in an engaged and thoughtful manner.
* Proficient use of POS for ordering and billing purposes.
* Cash handling and communication skills with management done withutmostprofessionalism.
* Execution of the order of service in a timely and accurate manner with the goal of creating memorable service - we want Members and Guests to remember that cocktail!
* Prepare all beverages to the standards of Fotografiska and our partners.
* Thorough working knowledge of all beverages: coffee/tea/non-alcoholic/wines/beers/spirits.
* Communicating with servers on orders to ensure delivery of drinks to members in a timely manner and alerting the Bar Manager when running low on a particular item.
* Develop and coordinate the organization of various areas of the bar and other F&B outlets on property.
* Competency in conversing with members, guests, and potential members regarding Fotografiska and our various programs and amenities.
* Set up/ breakdown of bar needs on a daily level.
* Work multiple bar activations on the property that hosts several events weekly.
* Knowledge of craft and classiccocktailsalong with strong old-world/new-world wines.
We are looking for new team members who can demonstrate they are:
* Must be able to lift/move up to 10lbs, frequently lift/move up to 25lbs, and occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs.
* Must possess Food Handlers cards
* Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by Bar Managers.
* Excellent customer service skills and eager and positive
* Able to work nights and weekends which will be required with this role.
* Committed to incredible teamwork and balance team and individual responsibilities.
* Impeccable customer service by responding promptly to member/guest needs, soliciting feedback to improve service, and responding to all member requests (not just F&B related)
* Fotografiska values diverse educational and training backgrounds in consideration of the role.
* We are committed to training the right individuals who exemplify our values and are eager to learn
COVID19: The health and well-being of our members and staff have been our number one priority and the guiding force behind all our decisions as we open our doors. We encourage you to learn more about our commitment to safety by reading the steps we have taken to ensure that all Members and teams feel safe, comfortable, and secure, going forward on our website.
Diversity & Representation: Fotografiska is committed to building and supporting diverse and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law