We currently seek a reputable Catering & Event Sales Assistant for one of our multi-faceted locations. The ideal candidate will share in our belief in the quality and value of delivering superior hospitality to our premier clients.
An ideal candidate will be ambitious with knowledge or interest in event planning and catering. Candidate must maintain a professional appearance, be well spoken, and have exceptional writing skills. Applicants must be detail oriented + able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
We are looking to interview and hire immediately. Salary is based on experience.
Provides Administrative Support for Director of Catering, General Manager, and all Sales and Banquet Managers.
- Minimum of two years customer service / customer contact experience
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from college or any other combination of education training or experience that provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Maintains an exemplary professional presentation with respect to grooming, communication, and overall guest and associate interaction.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to be pleasant and courteous at all times. Must be fluent in English and employ exemplary phone skills, etiquette, and professionalism.
- Strong administrative and computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office; specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. Ideal candidate must display ability to prioritize and organize, think lucidly, and maintain a measured approach in challenging situations.
- Follows directions thoroughly, works with minimal supervision, and maintains confidentiality of guests' information and pertinent company data.
- Perform clerical duties including answering telephones, taking detailed messages, emailing, filing, faxing, copying, processing mail, ordering supplies, preparing gift certificates, updating calendar to keep events current, processing deposits and payments, and assembling promotional brochures for prospective clients
- Able to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
- Food & Beverage, Administrative, or Events Experience Preferred : 1 year (Required)
- New York, NY 10016 (Required)